Sunday, October 27, 2013

Curly Hair Routine

 


Many people have asked me what is Ari's hair routine so I decided that I would jot down the steps. As with all things curly hair related it's all about trial and error and this is my current routine for my toddler's hair.  It’s taken me awhile to find products that love Ari's hair, so don’t be discouraged by the trial and error process!

 

Directions

Step 1 - I usually co-wash with a sulfate-free conditioner like Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner to get your curls extra clean without frizz-causing suds, and keeps them incredibly moisturized and detangled. Gently message into hair and scalp, especially the ends, for 3-5 minutes so it can deeply nourish curls.You are going to quickly see how it really defines the curls. Rinse well with warm water then finger detangle the hair.
 
 

Step 2 -Take the Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer and apply a quarter-size amount into soaking wet hair, working it in evenly with your fingers. (Carol's Daughter offers a lite option on their moisturizer however, I prefer the original.)


Step 3 -This step I learned from the Carol's Daughter's website. They say on their website not to dry hair with a towel instead use a cotton t-shirt and it actually works! You can also purchase the hair towels I received two as a wedding gift so I sometimes use them to try Ari's hair they are 100% cotton.


I absolutely love Ari's hair and hope that as she gets older she loves it as much as I do!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment