Monday, August 19, 2013

Preschool... such a difficult decision!

 
Preschool/Daycare has been such a touchy subject in my world for the past year and a half. Since I am a Reading Coach for our school district I have a completely different perspective on education and what I expect my little Ari to do at school. I know she is only 1 1/2 but I feel her potential is endless because she is like a sponge at this point in her life. I also battle between having a great center but also one that is small enough to feel like a home away from home (too much to ask???). Well I've learned that maybe I will never be truly satisfied with my options and need to re-evaluate my non-negotiable. Ok so here is my list of things that I am looking for in a preschool/daycare center for little Ari: • Hands-on experiences • Daily small and large-group activities • Themed units that encourage your child's curiosity, increase confidence, and support self-directed activities • Portfolios that document growth and development through your preschooler's work • Observation-based assessments that track your child's progress toward developmental milestones and kindergarten readiness • Regular teacher-family communication, including daily updates to keep you informed • Pre-Literacy Skills • Small Group Activities • Developmentally-Appropriate Practices • Indoor and Outdoor Physical Activities • Sensory Play • Clean/organized classrooms • Loving teachers • NO TELEVISION!!! Ok so what’s negotiable?

No comments:

Post a Comment