Monday, September 16, 2013

Book Mondays! Vol. 1




Water your mind! Read!
As a lover or reading and as Reading Coach I always knew that Literacy would be a big part of my daughter's life. Since the day she came home from the hospital I have read to her every night. As a Reading Coach and teacher I always loved Children's Literature. Since becoming a mother I have gain a deep love for books for toddlers. I have found a new reason for reading in my life. Therefore, I decided to share all of the wonderful finds of books for Toddlers. My plan is to share a few books that I am loving at the moment and books that are great for young toddlers every Monday. You can click on the name of the book to find the book on Amazon.com




 Brush, Brush, Brush by Alicia Padron: I found this cute Board book by accident. Ari is learning how to brush her teeth so this is a great book to reinforce brushing her teeth and the steps to brushing her teeth correctly. 



The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle: As the newborn caterpillar snacks through the pages (leaving behind a hole to stick a little finger through), he gets bigger, fatter, and turns into a lovely butterfly with wings the color of Swiss cheese, oranges, and cherry pie! Ari loves to stick her little finger in the little holes that the caterpillar leaves behind. Great book for understanding the life cycle of a caterpillar!
 
 
 Where is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen Katz: I LOVE THIS BOOK! (Well, so does Ari) I was told that a toddler needed to learn their body parts by 18 months so frantic I went to the book store to find a book that can help teach Ari her body parts. This book was a great find. The repetitive text always asks, "Where is baby's (certain body part)?" Ari is super excited to get to lift the flaps to find the hidden pictures. The pictures are bright and cute. This book is perfect for that stage when toddlers become fascinated with their belly buttons!
 
  
 
 Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. : This book does a great job at teaching colors with its repetitive text. By the time Ari was 16 months, Ari could depict every picture and state it by name and color. The pictures were actually some of her first regularly said words.


 Love You Forever by Robert Munch: A Kindergarten Teacher introduced me to this book last year and immediately I knew that I needed to buy this book. "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be."  Any loving parent,  will recognize the overwhelming love the mother in this story feels for her son. This is a story that portrait the love that a mother has for her child from birth until old age. The tears come when the mother gets sick, and can't finish the song. Her son then holds her in his lap, rocks her, and sings to her. Then he goes home, picks up his newborn daughter, and sings. A book of unconditional love!


Check back next Monday for additional books. If you have any suggestion please let me know, I always love to learn about new books to read to my baby girl.

Happy Reading!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment