Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fun with Elf on the Shelf!


A very lovely coworker introduced me to the Elf on the Shelf idea when I was pregnant with Ari. I loved the idea and wanted to take part on such an adorable tradition. I decided that I wanted to begin when Ari was still a baby so when she gets a bit older I could show her that our Elf and the Shelf was around even when she was a tiny baby.

Basically, if you are not familiar with the story of the Elf on the Shelf his main goal is to keep watch over the behavior of the children. Every night the Elf returns to the North Pole and reports to Santa his observations then returns home the next morning. Starting the day after Thanksgiving (even though I like to start on Dec 1) until Christmas Eve, the elf remains with its family to make sure that the children are well behaved. In order for his magic not to go away no one could touch the Elf because if the Elf is touched then the Christmas Magic disappears and Santa will not know if the children were good or bad. Every morning, the elf's position/location changes and the family needs to locate the Elf.

Ok, so this year Ari is still small so I am starting to think that her daddy and I are having way too much fun with the Elf idea. We have an agreement that I will move the Elf on the even days and the hubby would move the Elf on the odd days. So, this year daddy and mommy are the ones playing with the Elf. This is the magic of having children- the magic comes back and we begin to enjoy the holiday season.

I will continue to post pictures of our Elf on the Shelf- Ella!




No comments:

Post a Comment