Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Preschool!


Changing preschool can be stressful, especially because the process is combined with other life transitions such mommy's new position with the school district which I am super excited and nervous about. Due to the new position my hours have changed and Ari's previous preschool did not stay open late enough to fit my new schedule. Therefore. we made the decision to move her to a new pre- school. Originally, I was going to wait until she was 2 to make the move but the new position forced me to make a change. (Everything happens for a reason!) Saying good-bye is often difficult especially when you really love her teacher and that's her first daycare. Ari adapted remarkably well, she didn't even cry, which made me wonder if maybe she was ready to get out the house and return to a regular schedule. During vacation she seemed tired of playing with just mommy and daddy. Well, mommy is not great with changes so I had to mentally prepare myself for the big change. I went into the new preschool situation with a positive, welcome and open mind that required some thinking and pep talks in front of the mirror (lol). In this process I have learned that I am extremely picky and that I truly just want the very best for my little princess. We decided on Creative World which is located just down the street making it very convenient considering I was driving 45 minutes every day to her old preschool.

Creative World offered a great curriculum that I could appreciate as an educator. I also love the fact that they provide a portfolio that will show Ari's development growth. Therefore, mommy is happy so far... time will tell if I continue to feel this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment