Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Mondays Vol. 4

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
— Emilie Buchwald
My Little Reader!
 
 
This week book choices are the books that Ari is enjoying currently. To my surprised she is really enjoying the $1 books from the dollar section at Target (Great Buys!).
 

 
 

Eyes & Nose, Fingers & Toes

Target has the Sesame Beginnings Shaped Educational Board Books  which I have to say are pretty good with a great price $1. These books cover issues such as the Zoo, body parts, bedtime routines, and bath time with the sesame babies! Did I mentioned that my daughter LOVES Elmo or Memo as she calls him. The whole thing rhymes, and it's fun to read with my daughter. She likes to point to her body parts as they mention them.
 

Big Bird's First Book of Letters

Another book that could be found at Target in the dollar section. The shape of these books makes them more appealing to hold, and the images are great. We read this book every day and my daughter loves it. Great books for letter recognition!
 

Counting Kisses by Karen Katz

I LOVE THIS BOOK! I just bought this book and it has quickly become one of my favorites and Ari feels the same way about the book. From the first day she was absolutely captivated by the bright, colorful patterns in the pictures of this book. The story is so much fun and what baby could resist all those kisses? Now at 19 months old she loves this book so much that I only have to recite the first line of the story, "My tired little baby, do you need a kiss..." or show her the cover of the book to elicit a huge, cheesy grin! She loves being kissed goodnight from toes to head. This book is simple enough that she knows the placement and quantity of kisses. I would highly recommend this book to be added to any child's bedtime ritual. I hope this book will be something she'll always remember when going to sleep.
 

Tabbed Board Books: My First Colors: Let's Learn Them All!


This is honestly a must for children!  Really catchy pictures and the tabs will be helpful to the kids who will learn to use them. Vibrant colors of course was a plus. Ari loves to point out each of the pictures and learning the names of each item. The pages are packed with colorful objects and even though some of the items are random for the most part a lot of animals and fruits and vegetables are in the book to help build your child's vocabulary.
 

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment